Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, I hope you and your Four Paws are having a lovely day together. I’ve been lucky enough to have a wonderful Valentine’s gift! The fab people at Waterstones Llandudno have put my book in the shop window as part of their Love Books campaign to celebrate Valentine’s.
Reflecting on the last twelve months
As I excitedly visited the store with my Mum to check out the display, I took a moment to reflect on the last twelve months. It is pretty much a year to the day that I received my sample copies of A Dog Lover’s Dream and so much has happened in that first year.
I started writing poetry Summer 2016 and never imagined that the following 18 months would then take me on such a journey. From receiving my first batch of books to taking on new stockists, creating videos, attending book signings, publishing a Christmas book, meeting new and wonderfully supportive people and most recently collaborating with Clogau – as cliched as it may sound, my dreams really are coming true!
My Valentine’s Thank You
So, this Valentine’s Day, I’d like to take the time to say thank you to the following people and businesses:
- Anyone who has bought my book, followed me on social media, read this blog or said hello to Alfie Doodle i.e. my customers.. thank you so much x
- My friends and family for all the love and guidance
- Twenty 10 Digital the best printers ever… Paul, John I know I’m a demanding client, thanks for putting up with me!
- Bangor University Alix, Rory, James, Charlie and Hannah, the videos and photos are amazing.
- Waterstones, Llandudno – Sarah and Kim, thank you for all your support and for putting my book in the window.
- L’s Cafe, Conwy– Lisa and Gaz, fab food and drink, dog friendly…and you stock my book!
- Snowdonia Nurseries – a gorgeous garden centre and more… thank you Cat, Hannah, Pauline and of course Lottie.
- Hintons of Conwy – this is a gorgeous independent bookstore in Conwy, which stocks my book, thanks Jenny.
- Haulfre Gardens Tearooms – a great tearooms with stunning views of Llandudno, thanks Dee for having my books.
- Clogau Gold – the Dog Lover’s Dream Charm is stunning, thanks Ben, Sonia, Matt, Jess, the team and of course the Clogau stores.
- Chloe Keenan – literally one of the most gorgeous people I know, it has been great working with you.
- Ste Wright – thank you for your support, time, creativity, marketing skills and website building brilliance!
- And last but not least – to my partner Lee and my partner in crime Alfie Doodle